Friday, June 6, 2014

BOSS SHOP: X-WING CHARACTER & DROID MINIATURES PROJECT OVERVIEW

I love STAR WARS and Star Wars Miniatures. X-WING has both, and we love it don't we. Sure we do.

For me, it is an easy choice to buy everything that works for the X-Wing game within the rules. With that stated, I am certainly going to expand these guidelines to include my own ship, character, and monster designs.

I want to tip my hat to the child I was, who owned so many of the Star Wars Toys. I am not going to even try to collect action figures again, but what I can do, with a reasonable game budget, being a somewhat mature adult, is buy the Star Wars Miniatures and fix them up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HcZ9kQ1h-ZY&index=6&list=PLDyPKEWpAGxqpUIeVgTweDkJTXcfeP_bZ

There are three good reasons in my view to add these 30MM miniatures of beloved characters and droids to the X-Wing Game, with some additional persona of my own design.

One: It will look awesome on my table.

Two: I want to have a more intense and interesting presentation of the mandatory rules data.

Three: The X-Wing game already has esthetically pleasing cards and tokens. Upgrading these rules components with cool miniatures provides me with even more enjoyment.
I will be able to see character driven ships amidst the myriad cards and tokens, at a glance. This approach will be particularly useful during large EPIC (300 points +) games.

I have been slowly collecting Star Wars Miniatures since I began my X-WING Adventures back in October 2013.

X-WING Miniatures Collection: Oct 2013 - May 2014.

This month I added a great many new figures to my previously meager set. It was a cool idea; having models for the Character Pilots with their Crew, Mercs, and all of the important Droids, but I sort of just dabbled with it as I collected the X-Wing ships.

Now that X-WING has entered the EPIC stage, which is exactly what I wanted the game to be from the start, I am getting setup to do this project right, and for real.

I think I need to make a set of Joe Boss Black Six (Night Beast ?) and Joe Boss Red Seven (Jek Porkins ?) figures, among many others.

PREVIEW Article

Boss out.

No comments:

Post a Comment